UNIT STARTER QUESTIONS:
1) What does the "Black Bottle" activity show us about how ideas are formed in science?
2) What is the roll of evidence in the scientific method process we used in the "Black Bottle" activity?
1) "The amount of space an object takes up" is the basic definition for...?
2) "The amount of mass in a certain space" is the basic definition for...?
3) What is matter?
4) In your opinion, what was Mr. Burrell trying to teach you about how science works with the Data & Field Activity?
1) Describe how to find the volume of a non-box shaped, solid object.
2) If I pour multiple fluids (of different substances) into a container, how will I know which fluid is the least dense?
3) How would I know which fluid (from the previous question) is the most dense?
8/30 & 9/3:
1) On which axis of a graph should the "time" variable usually be placed?
2) draw a basic line graph for the following data:
UNIT ASSIGNMENTS (Click to download)